1. Schedule your time. Assign specific time for work, family and leisure. Be flexible but set work hours for every part of your life and try to stick to them. This will help you to organize your day so that every part of it gets the attention it needs. Recognize that family and personal time that will contribute to your happiness and productivity.
2. Take a break. It is advisable to take short breaks at work to clear your mind. Also, be sure to take some vacation to unplug from your daily routine. Some members of our team do better with more frequent shorter vacations like long weekends. Others have to take a longer stretch to be able to really disconnect from the stress of work. You have to figure out what works best for you.
3. Spend quality time with loved ones. Do your best to wrap up all your tasks before you finish work. If you do that, you can be fully present when you are at home. Sit on the floor to play with your kids, drink a glass of wine with your partner, watch some Netflix series, or read some book. Try not to look at any electronic device where you feel tempted to check out e-mails or answer messages from work.
4. Divide responsibilities. Don’t try to everything on your own. Look for support in family and friends. If you cook the dinner, ask your partner read a bed story to the kids. If you take the dog for a walk, have someone else buy groceries for the week. Feeling overwhelmed by duties and responsibilities may lead to high stress levels.
5. Stay active. Exercising regularly reduces fatigue, depression, and anxiety. A healthy body means a fresh mind and plenty of energy for your work tasks and your personal goals.